1 Godfred Donsah Chelsea have joined Tottenham in the race for teen sensation Godfred Donsah.The 19-year-old, who has been dubbed ‘the new Michael Essien’, is expected to be on the move this summer after impressing for Cagliari last season.Tottenham have already made enquires, while clubs in Germany are also monitoring the defensive midfielder’s situation.However, according to Corriere dello Sport, Chelsea have now joined the hunt for Donsah and are ready to make an offer.The Blues scouted the Ghanaian last season and were reportedly impressed by what they saw.Cagliari value their talented youngster highly and are said to what around £10m for his signature.
Jose Mourinho Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has refused to comment on the club’s apparent pursuit of Paul Pogba but has indicated there is still time to complete a deal.United have been heavily linked with a world record move for the Juventus and France midfielder, who left Old Trafford on a free transfer four years ago, for much of the summer.Reports last week claimed a deal was close to completion but no announcements have been forthcoming and the situation is yet to be resolved.Asked about the situation prior to his captain Wayne Rooney’s testimonial against Everton on Wednesday, Mourinho told BT Sport: “We are going to sign one more player for sure. I don’t want to speak about Paul (Pogba) because he is a Juventus player and I don’t like other managers to speak about my players. I don’t speak about their players.“But the reality is we are going to sign one more player. The market closes, as you know, August 31 so we have plenty of time to do that, but I’d like to do it before the Premier League starts.”United face Leicester in the Community Shield on Sunday before travelling to Bournemouth for their Premier League opener the following week.Mourinho has overseen the signings of Eric Bailly, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic since being appointed earlier in the summer and has consistently said he wanted to bring in a fourth player, with Pogba the most likely candidate. 1
The Donegal Daily/Donegal Sport Hub live blog from the 2019 Joule Donegal International Rally is up and running – and you won’t miss a move!There will be 20 special stages over the three days of frenetic rallying across some of the world’s toughest motorsport terrain.There promises to be some enthralling battles over the weekend. We’ll be operating a live blog containing live, regular updates from stages, with reaction from crews at stage ends and in service, via the coverage from Onthepacenote.com LIVE: Follow the 2019 Joule Donegal International Rally on our live blog was last modified: June 23rd, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
David Curry Related Posts Small Business Cybersecurity Threats and How to… Internet of Things Makes it Easier to Steal You… Tags:#Connected Devices#featured#HomeHub#Internet of Things#IoT#Microsoft#PC#smart home#top#Windows 10 Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Follow the Puck Microsoft is planning to turn Windows 10 PCs into smart home hubs in next major update, scheduled for September. According to internal documents seen by The Verge, HomeHub will support devices from Philips Hue, Nest, SmartThings, Insteon, and Wink.The update is aimed primarily at ‘kitchen-PCs’ that are used by all the family, and Microsoft is reportedly working with HP and Lenovo to create PCs similar to Amazon’s Echo Show, announced a few days ago.See Also: Microsoft not throwing in towel on wearables yet; introduces new smartwatchShared calendars, to-do lists, notes, and apps will also be part of the update.Users will be able to change settings on smart home devices from across the room with Cortana, Microsoft’s own virtual assistant. Even though it will be available to all PCs, the company is definitely shooting in a similar direction to Amazon.Microsoft is digging IoTMicrosoft made major strides in the enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) market last year, with impressive growth in cloud, IoT, and enterprise computing sales. This is the company’s first major dip into the commercial side of IoT, and it comes later than its enterprise rivals.Amazon has already taken a chunk of the commercial market with the Echo and its Web Services (AWS) platform. Google has also moved into both enterprise and commercial, launching the Home hub last year.Microsoft has an event on May 23 in Shanghai, where it is expected to unveil the HomeHub feature. The company may call on developers and hardware manufacturers to begin buildings products tailored for those types of experiences at the event.
In a move that is being viewed as a ‘balancing act’ between different factions, Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday appointed Kamal Nath as the Madhya Pradesh Congress unit president and Jyotiraditya Scindia as the chief of the campaign committee in the State that is headed for polls later this year.Former Chief Minister Digvijaya Singh, who has just returned to politics after a six-month long sabbatical to complete 3,100 km of Narmada parikrama (circumbulation) yatra, hasn’t been given any responsibility yet.While the Congress wants to project a united face of the party in the State with Kamal Nath at the helm, it is seeking to put up a strong campaign against three-term BJP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan with Mr. Scindia as the head of the campaign committee.
The Higher Education Department in Odisha has decided that a special committee would probe the allegations regarding errors and irregularities in the results of second semester examination of Plus III degree courses of Berhampur University even as the students continue their agitation over the issue.On Thursday, students from five colleges of Berhampur and its outskirts demonstrated in front of the administrative block of Berhampur University demanding immediate rectification of their results.Meeting with officialsSpeaking to media persons, Vice-Chancellor Rajendra Prasad Das said a delegation of the university had been called to Bhubaneswar by the State Higher Education Minister for discussion in the matter. The delegation included the V-C, Registrar, PG Council Chairman and Controller of Examinations. Berhampur MLA Ramesh Chandra Chyau Patnaik, Gopalpur MLA Pradeep Panigrahy and senior officials of the department attended the meeting.Four-member panel After reviewing the allegations brought up by the students, the Higher Education Department decided to get the issue probed by a special four-member committee, said the V-C.The committee will visit Berhampur University on August 4 for an on-the-spot enquiry. The committee will file its report to the Ministry by August 10. Based on the report, the department will direct the university authorities regarding future action related to the matter.
Practice makes perfect for PH booter Belgira Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:36Manny Pacquiao part of 2019 SEA Games opening ceremony Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Ramirez said he was invited to the luncheon in the presence of some cabinet members where Go, who represented President Rodrigo Duterte, and Cayetano inquired about the status of 2019 Manila Games.“I was asked if there’s still a chance to push through and I told them that I have no problem with it (hosting),” said Ramirez.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingIn a board meeting on Wednesday, Ramirez said the PSC board, which is also composed of commissioners Ramon Fernandez, Charles Maxey, Arnold Agustin and Celia Kiram, gave the go-signal for the hosting.“We were very upbeat and happy that there is a big hope of holding the 2019 SEA Games,” said the PSC chief. Barring any major obstacle, the 2019 Southeast Asian Games in the Philippines will most likely push through as planned.Presidential assistant Christopher Lawrence Go and Department of Foreign Affairs Sec. Alan Peter Cayetano breathed life into the country’s hosting of the biennial sportsfest in a meeting with Philippine Sports Commission chair Butch Ramirez on Tuesday.ADVERTISEMENT NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Ramirez said he asked Fernandez to reconcile with Cojuangco in the spirit of unity and cooperation as the PSC board forms a partnership with the POC in the hosting.Ramirez said Fernandez has thrown his full support and even offered Cebu as a venue for equestrian.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ View comments Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ MOST READ “The POC welcomes the government support for the hosting and will defer to Secretary Cayetano to announce it. The POC sees the support as a unifying force for Philippine sports,” said POC president Peping Cojuangco.Ramirez, however, added there’s a few more concerns that has to be settled as Sen. Cayetano tries to discuss the positive development with the Philippine Olympic Committee.A reliable source said Cayetano would be named chair of the local organizing committee, replacing Senator Migz Zubiri.The government initially declined to host the 2019 Games, citing the ongoing armed conflict in Marawi City.POC president Jose Cojuangco Jr. appealed to Duterte to reconsider the decision before the deadline on Aug. 18 during the SEAG Federation Council meeting in Kuala Lumpur.ADVERTISEMENT
MANILA, Philippines–Back-to-back defending champion Petron got off to a rousing start after sinking newcomer Marinerang Pilipina, 25-21, 25-16, 25-10, in the Philippine Superliga All Filipino Conference Thursday at Imus City Sports Complex.Except for a brief juncture in the second set, the Blaze Spikers were never threatened as they showcased their superior firepower over the Marineras, who slumped to 0-2.ADVERTISEMENT Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Up to 70 Russian athletes could face doping charges View comments LATEST STORIES Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Mika Reyes, who is turning 25 Friday, led Petron with 10 points, most of them in the middle of the second frame when Petron started to right its course against a resurging Marinera.After keeping the opening set close, Marinera stormed to a 12-9 lead in the second. But it hardly bothered Petron, slowly closing the gap before Reyes scored on back-to-back drops to give the Blaze Spikers a 15-13 lead they never give up.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics
I’m pretty interested to see these results especially after the OKC Dave preseason survey in which we predicted 8.5 wins (which does not seem like a lot of confidence).As always, results plus commentary will be posted on Wednesday.If you’re looking for the comments section, it has moved to our forum, The Chamber. You can go there to comment and holler about these articles, specifically in these threads. You can register for a free account right here and will need one to comment.If you’re wondering why we decided to do this, we wrote about that here. Thank you and cheers! We are 25 percent finished with the season. This marker, more than any other throughout the year, is the one that I always find most startling. The season is a quarter over. Do what?!OSU is 2-1 (sort of) after a tricky three-game non-conference schedule, and the Big 12 looks like dog poo so far. So the question today is whether you are more confident, less confident or equally confident in OSU winning the Big 12 as you were when the season started three weeks ago.Poll Q: I am _____ confident OSU can win the Big 12 after three games than/as I was at the start of the season.— Pistols Firing (@pistolsguys) September 20, 2016
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday extended till October 3 the judicial custody of former finance minister P Chidambaram in connection with the INX Media corruption case. Special judge Ajay Kumar Kuhar also allowed medical examination of Chidambaram. The court extended the judicial custody of Chidambaram after the CBI sought extension of the veteran Congress leader’s judicial remand. Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for CBI, sought extension of the judicial custody and said there has been no change of circumstance from the day he was first sent to jail. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for Chidambaram, opposed the investigative agency’s plea to extend his judicial custody. Sibal moved an application on behalf of Chidambaram seeking regular medical checkup and adequate supplementary diet during judicial custody in Tihar Jail. He said that the 73-year old Congress leader is suffering from various ailments like coronary artery disease, hypertension, impaired glycemia and has lost weight during the custody, to which he was sent on September 5. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday Senior advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi, also appearing for Chidambaram, said the former minister had a chair in the hall outside his cell which has been taken away. “He can only sit on bed. He also has not been given a pillow”. Allow him to be examined at AIIMS, Sibal said. “Health of any inmate is of concern. Whatever is permissable in law, would be done by the jail authorities,” Mehta said. The CBI had registered an FIR on May 15, 2017, alleging irregularities in the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance granted to the INX Media group for receiving overseas funds of Rs 305 crore in 2007 during Chidambaram’s tenure as the finance minister. Thereafter, the Enforcement Directorate lodged a money laundering case in this regard in 2017. Chidambaram, who was Union home minister as also finance minister during the UPA rule from 2004 to 2014, was arrested by the CBI on August 21 from his Jor Bagh residence.